Leadership Lessons From The Naked Entrepreneur:
How to guide your staff through tough times Troy Hazard
Leading people is tough, particularly in tough times, and everyone has an opinion on how to lead and what makes a good leader. So, what is the best way? Ask a leader of leaders. Troy Hazard is a business veteran with ten start ups in 20 years under his belt.
He has served as President on the Global Board of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), the premier, peer to peer, global community, network and resource for entrepreneurs, with more than 6,600 members worldwide in approximately 108 chapters and 38 countries.
This group is made up of some of the world’s greatest business leaders, tuning over a combined $120 billion.
In short, Troy has proven himself in one of the toughest leadership roles on the planet.
In this session, Troy will share some of the lessons he learned as a leader of leaders, and as a leader of teams. This presentation also contains a collection of information from some of the planet’s brightest and most successful business leaders and lessons learned from Troy’s own businesses.
Troy will explain why he believes leaders are not born, they evolve. He will uncover the 4 key character traits that make up a good leader and offer real world business experiences that demonstrate how to improve your skills to maximise the impact on those you lead. Armed with this information you will be more focused, balanced, aware, and effective.
His 20 years experience in business has given him the opportunity to address many business groups around the world on a range of topics. This has earned him the title of Certified Speaking Professional, an international designation awarded by the National Speakers Association.
Troy’s presentation delivers real life leadership lessons:
- Learn the 4 key personality traits of a true leader, from a true leader.
- Learn how to lead in truth, not fear.Learn how to hire, motivate and develop good staff in tough times.
- Learn how to manage fast staff growth while maintaining control of your team.
- Learn how to have your staff work with you, not for you.
- Learn that in leadership, there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance.
- Learn why leaders are not born, they evolve.
- Learn how to be aware of your own leadership evolution.
FutureProofing Your Business:
Conversations with The Naked Entrepreneur Troy Hazard
It’s been said that until you’ve reached the point of total desperation you’ve never really experienced ‘the edge’ in business. And Troy truly has lived on the edge on more than one occasion. His business savvy is a direct experience launching ten start-ups in 20 years. This entrepreneurial spirit and experience was recognized in 2006 when he became the leader of leaders as the Global President of The Entrepreneurs’ Organization
It is this real world experience that has led him to truly understand how to FutureProof a business and in this fast paced presentation, Troy will highlight lessons he has learned from being on the edge, and how to prepare your business for a better future. He will share stories of success, and he will also share his own personal experiences of what happens when you stop looking to the future, and get stuck in the past.
Troy’s presentation delivers answers to the following key business questions:
- Opportunity or obstacle. How to make the most of the current economic environment and prepare for the future.
- How to break down business barriers created by bad belief systems.
- How to FutureProof your personal vision to FutureProof your business success.
- How to know if you’re driving your business into the future or into the ground.
- Why responsibility equals reward.
- How to identify the difference between fear and greed vs. truth and reality.
- Back to the future – How back to basics can lead you into a better future.
- Change or die
The 5 R’s to a Recession Rebound
How to lead your business out of the recession, with purpose!
Everyone has been telling you that you should ‘thrive instead of survive’, ‘refuse to take part in this recession’, and to ‘focus on the positive’. The fact remains, the country is in a hole! And to get you and your business out of that hole, your actions are going to speak louder than any words.
Ten start-ups in 20 years will guarantee that at some point Troy Hazard has seen his fair share of down cycles in the economy. It’s through these tough lessons that he’s developed this powerful keynote to give audience participants the tough love they need to prepare them and their business for a more powerful and purposeful rebound out of a global economic crisis.
In his presentation, Troy will recount experiences from some of the toughest economic crunches he’s been in and share the lessons he has learned to rebound and prepare a business for a better future. He encapsulates this powerful message in 5 key steps to take to ensure that business owners and managers not only come out this economic hurricane undamaged, but in front of the storm, and their competitors.
Troy’s stories have kept audiences engaged in 16 different countries and this presentation has fast become one of his more popular. His presentation offers participants a clear and simple path to follow to ensure they have a stronger rebound out of the recession and lead the business revolution to recovery:
- Responsibility – Don’t wait for someone else to fix it. Get busy! You are the common dominator between success and failure, so take control of your destiny.
- Reality – Now is the time to take a good hard look at the REAL position of your business. Are you in touch with your truth?
- Review – What have you forgotten to do well in your business, and what can you do to build a stronger platform in your business to rebound into the future?
- Relationships – The strength of your business recovery comes from the strength of your business relationships. Who have you forgotten to show the love?
- Revolution – Every revolution has a leader. Are you ready to get on the front foot and take charge?
Subarctic Survival Exercise Stan Friedman
When Stan Friedman, 20 year franchise industry veteran, directs the Subarctic Survival Situation at the beginning of your annual event, your franchisee’s take home value from the entire event will increase exponentially. Through this extraordinary process your franchisees will overcome differences, bond with each other and your staff and learn to appreciate and recognize that with team work and appreciation for each member’s contribution, nothing is insurmountable.
Don’t just open your annual franchising conference with blah, blah, blah. Treat your franchisees to a perspective changing, attitude shifting “interactive” exercise that they will talk about for years to come.
Leading High Performance Teams… Lessons Learned from Borrowed Dreams T. Scott Gross
A master storyteller, T. Scott Gross will captivate your audience while they learn the true secrets of making work feel good again.
Who would have guessed that good work requires an element of risk and that team spirit can arrive in the most unexpected ways? Scott literally climbed mountains, sailed the seas, and took to the skies to discover the secrets to building and leading high performance teams.
An hour of compelling stories, inspiration and take-home ideas, this presentation, based on Gross’ book, Borrowed Dreams: The Roughest, Toughest Jobs on the Planet…and What I Learned from Working Them, will leave you spellbound. Leading High Performance Teams