Was My Franchise Convention a Wild Success?!?
Here’s Part 3 of SPEAK’s series with tips for creating Fantastic Franchise Conventions!
In January, I again had the wonderful opportunity to co-facilitate (with Marcus Johnson, Reno/Tahoe Visitors Bureau) a Business Solutions Roundtable at IFA and listened to some of the most successful franchisors talk about their convention successes. Here’s Part 3 of our series (for the entire content, see the link at the bottom of the page.)
One of the questions posed was, “How do you measure the success of your convention or conference?” The discussion that followed included these ideas…
- Surveys – about 20 questions suggested (https://www.surveymonkey.com is an easy option)
- Do survey before event to benchmark engagement and utilize the same questions afterward.
- Incentivize franchisees to answer surveys. (i.e. $5 Starbucks card for completing all survey questions). Also discussed, incentivize field consultants for having franchisees answer surveys.
- On-line polling during the convention (potentially utilize QR codes) – Some caution regarding interactive—would rather NOT have them looking at phones during sessions.
- How many people are standing in the hallways? 🙂
- We know that leadership’s top goal at conventions is content, while franchisees’ is fun and networking. It’s critical to measure both.
- During the event, facilitated “Group Scoop” (Greg Nathan’s incredibly powerful group facilitation practice) with no execs. Management team to receive feedback overnight and address the next day.
- Adoption of programs
- Do attending franchisees communicate with those not attending? Is event social media active? Is a FOMO (fear of missing out) created?
I hope you found at least a few tidbits in this series helpful. And as always, let me know if you have more ideas to add to this discussion OR if you have an idea for another topic you’d like us to cover. 🙂 We’d love to hear from you.
P.S. If you didn’t see all 3 parts of our entire IFA Fantastic Franchise Conventions Business Solutions Roundtable Tips, here it is for easy download!